Green America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982. (We went by the name "Co-op America" until January 1, 2009.)
Our mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Break Up With Your Mega-Bank Campaign
Green America’s Break Up With Your Mega-Bank Campaign is helping consumers and investors create and strengthen healthy communities in the U.S. and abroad. As a growing number of people move away from mega-banks and invest in community investing institutions instead, they will help create jobs, housing, and social services in communities that need them most.
We work for a world where all people have enough, where all communities are healthy and safe, and where the bounty of the Earth is preserved for all the generations to come.
What Makes Green America Unique
- We focus on economic strategies—economic action to solve social and environmental problems.
- We mobilize people in their economic roles—as consumers, investors, workers, business leaders.
- We empower people to take personal and collective action
- We work on issues of social justice and environmental responsibility. We see these issues as completely linked in the quest for a sustainable world. It’s what we mean when we say “green.”
- We work to stop abusive practices and to create healthy, just and sustainable practices.
Become a Member Join Green America today for just $20 and you’ll get all our green living resources throughout the year.